Monday, August 06, 2007

And the season begins

Wedding season began this past weekend with a trip to SF. My god it is cold there! In NY I’m used to sweating 5 minutes after getting out of the shower, and there we were, turning on the heat and layering whatever we could grab.

We got in on Friday and while I had big plans for Saturday before the wedding started- a nice SF run, lots of walking and shopping – that whole thing was thrown out the window. Unexpectadly seeing tons of old friends on Friday night led to a 2:30am bedtime after way too many cocktails. Running those hills + hangover = bad scene. Wasn't about to try it.


What I did manage to accomplish was hitting two yarn shops – Noe Knit and Imagiknit. At Noe Knit I picked up 2 skeins of Noro Iro in colorway 47. I have been excited about Jared’s “You’re my Iro” scarf since he posted it and as I couldn’t leave SF empty handed – I picked some up. I can’t wait to get started.


Feeling major progress to come on Dollar and a Half this week. I did lots of knitting on the plane while watching Spiderman 3 (boo!) and two netflix hits – Zodiac and the Wire. Hart’s investment in a portable dvd player was a savior. Anyway- I stalled on the fronts as I needed to decrease in the pattern. This always requires careful planning, a glass of wine, and at least 3 reference books or websites to refer to. Not something I’m willing to try on a foldout tray while sitting in the middle seat of an airplane.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh WOW, that colorway is gorgeous!

Macoco said...

Gorgeous yarn! I'm jealous that you went to Noe Knit. I went there on my last trip to SF and they were so nice!