Thursday, March 08, 2007

status

First, thanks for all the kind comments on my Central Park Hoodie. Like in all parts of life, it is incredibly motivating and great to get words of support and encouragement about my knitting :)

So I don’t really have anything exciting to share but there’s a lot I’ve been thinking about. I have a habit of turning into a psycho surfer, discover 45 cool websites and then forgetting them all. What I should really do is set up that link list on the left. That would be smart, right?

I’m not really sure what I’m going to knit next. Two things on my mind are Demi and this crazy hat that I saw on Knitty Gritty.

1.0 Demi probably needs no introduction:





BUT – I did discover something cool that everyone else probably figured out years ago, but that is The Knitting Garden. You can go on there and look, CLOSE UP, at all the patterns in Rowan, not only in their books but in their magazines. LOVE this. This takes browsing for patterns to a new level.

2.0 The Sundown Lid

As for Knitty Gritty, I’m not sure there has ever been anything on KG that I’ve wanted to knit but I just like Vikki Howell and love the Knit Bits. But then I saw this crazy hat – unfortunately there isn’t a good pictures but here it is.



This pattern is by Lisa Anne Auerbach. If you’re a tivo-er or dvr-er, this is actually a great episode, although unfortunately it’s not names so it’s not really searchable. I just love that it’s a. unique/cool looking without being too much and b. that it looks really functional. Plus, look at this math action. I happen to LOVE math.

Summary:
Er, it’s March, it’s getting warm out, and neither of these projects are practical. I have to admit – I am very scared of non-winter-associated-knitting. I have never worn anything knitted during warm months but I think it’s mostly just because I haven’t been exposed to what’s out there. I have a standard uniform for summer which includes various skirts paired with Old Navy tank tops. I swear they are the best thing ever – I kid you not, I have about 20. They are like a dollar and fit perfectly. Ah, I digress.

As for status:

Although I’m staying with her and I hope I’ll be wrong, I’m not feeling it with Hourglass – no matter how much I want to love her. I love knitting this because it’s easy and the yarn is soft. I’m just worried that it’s going to look awkward and frumpy at the end and if I had taken a step back before I even started, I would have realized that this is not a style of sweater I gravitate towards.

I have done two sweaters so far – Ms. Marigold and Central Park Hoodie. I love both and I’m happy with how they came out, except they just don’t fit me perfectly. I haven’t tried this yet but when I blocked Ms. Marigold, she came out too big around the neckline. I should just buckle down and re-block. Right?

There’s not much exciting about status shots of a sweater knit in the round in stockinette, but:


No comments: