Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thank you very much, Ms. Marigold

Voila!

Here she is.
Started: December 12, 2006
Finished: January 14, 2007
Pattern: Ms. Marigold from Zephyr
Yarn: Knitpicks Elegance in Lilac - I originally ordered 4 but needed to order a 5th. I used almost 75% of the 5th
Tools: Size 5 29" circular, size 3 32" circular and a size G crochet hook
Modifications: I knitted for size small, but after getting fairly far along, I tried it on and was concerned with it being a bit too tight. I followed the two modifications - I started the increasing directions to get a little more give in the waist and I also knitted it a bit longer. This definitely resulted in needing more yarn
Other: well, when I was done with the sweater it was still a bit snug, but after blocking, which I thought would do the trick, I'm in trouble. It really stretched out along the neckline, which you can see a bit from the picture. I guess my only option is to try blocking it again. Also, I bought the size 3 circular from Knitpicks with my yarn order, and well, I sort of fell in love. They are stupidly cheap and while I assumed the worse, they are amazing. Super easy to use and the purple cable between the needles is the most flexible thing ever. I only wish they had sizes bigger than 3.
Next up, the disaster that came from my Norweigen Mittens. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very cute!! Glad to hear you like the new KnitPicks needles - I just got a set for Christmas and I haven't tried them yet. I'm anxious to hear about this disaster that came from your Norwegian Mittens!!