Sunday, July 01, 2007

Rusted Root - FO

Here she is, Rusted Root. It was a long time coming. She was finished back mid-May but it took a bit longer (with the trip, and all) to weave her ends in and block her.

Start: March 25, 2007
Finish: May 15-ish, 2007 (knitting finished in early May but blocking only June)
Pattern: Rusted Root by the Zephyre Style ladies
Size: Medium
Software: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Buttercream - 3 skeins
Harware: size 6 Circulars

Note and Modifications:

The key note is that this lace requires practice. Seriously. This was my first lace work and the lace pattern takes awhile to get used to and get in the rhythm of. Like, specifically row 3 (I think that's the one, as I have tried to block it out). I frogged, painfully, 7 times.

A good resource is the Zephyr Rusted Root Message Board, which was really helpful in getting me through this. Especially that lace pattern.

I know it's totally anti-instant gratification but it's worth it to swatch this and practice on the lace pattern. Hopefully it'll prevent you from the frogland I entered.
Also, as always, I added a bit of length.

Finally, I love this yarn BUT, see below.

Can you see the difference in color in the front and back ?(click for close-up) I wet-blocked this and it dried on it's back. I blocked it on a dark green towel so I couldn't tell but I'm thinking the dye sort of bled. I need to reblock.

Whatevs, I'm wearing it tomorrow to work.


Macoco said...

Nice! I love that color.

shopgirl said...

This turned out really great! No one will notice the color change- I wouldn't. I didn't have too much luck with this one, but yours is beautiful.
Thanks for the New York welcome!

rachel iufer said...

i freaking love that color. it's completely perfects for rusted root. The dye bleeding thing is so strange! i don't think i've ever seen anything like that before. it's not very noticeable but maybe another blocking would fix it.

beautiful job. it's really perfect!